If you’re here, you might be wondering ‘How do I connect my alexa device to the internet’. Well this article is all about answering the same question just go through the article and follow these simple steps.
Before reading about how to connect alexa to internet, lets dive into what alexa is and how it works.
How To Connect Alexa To Internet
Amazon is that one stop platform where a person’s day to day life needs meet up. The Amazon Echo is among the most demanding names if you are talking about smart speakers. Amazon Alexa’s virtual assistant is created by Amazon Echo. It enables voice interaction, music streaming and playback podcasts, sports stations and information stations.
So you want to connect Amazon Echo or any type of Alexa-enabled device with the internet. Thus, it’s essential to be aware that Alexa doesn’t operate without Wi-Fi, as its primary condition to perform.
What Can Alexa do?
As many of us already know, Alexa is the smartest device for playing audio, streaming video for news and sports. In the near future Alexa will be expanding its services in broadways. However, the most significant thing which you might get is playing audio via Spotify, Deezer, Apple Music, etc.
Furthermore, With Echo devices you can get visual information and services such as recipes, movies, and matches.
How to connect Alexa to Internet
Echo devices link to dual-band Wi-Fi 2.4 GHz/GHz that uses 802.11a/b/g/n regular. Follow the below steps to link Alexa to the internet.
- Find the menu from where you can get to press Settings options.
- Select from the Devices settings mentioned in the menu bar.
- Now you choose your device category/name. .
- Now follow the instructions provided app after clicking to Wi-Fi network.
Do remember not to use the Alexa App while you are trying to connect Echo Devices screen with Wi-Fi. Follow the below steps
- Select Settings just by saying “Go to settings” or swipe down from the device screen.
- Now choose “Network” and click on the network you like to join and follow the prompts on the screen.
In case no network is available, you have to visit advanced wi-fi settings. Now select the Wi-Fi network you want to connect by entering the correct password. Else scroll down and choose add network.
How to Join for the First-time
If you are trying it for the very first time, there’s absolutely not any problem to worry about. Primarily, you need to install and download the Alexa App. You can install from iPhone App Store or Google Play for Android.
After installing all you need is to follow the below steps:
- Signing in is important if you are doing it for the first time, provide your amazon details .
- Then you’ve got the option to begin choosing.
- Now select your account name in the list .
- You need to provide amazon consent to get your contacts and telling. This could possibly be carried out afterwards or according to your own requirements.
- Choose the Alexa Menu Button.
- Select the add device button when you see it.
- Now choose your device.
- Then, you pick the ideal version of your device you want to connect
- Within this section, you are supposed to plug in your Alexa device for power supply. Now click the action button and then follow the instruction by choosing continue option.
- You might have a different variant of a smartphone or some other sort of apparatus, but the program may need to perform more settings. So you abide by the setting necessity
How to Repair Alexa Internet Connection Issues
As you’ve connected Alexa with the internet, you can experience some issues. So there are a number of strategies to follow on the way to troubleshoot the issues.
- You need to restart your router and modem, if you do feel an interruption.
- Or you can restart your Alexa device.
- When there’s absolutely no solution even after the restart, then you might do a factory reset.
- You can change your Wi-Fi password or attempt to place a password into some other device.
- Low signal can disrupt the streaming or internet support. Thus, you might attempt to maintain the Alexa apparatus into the Wi-Fi router to inspect the sign out.
Connect Alexa To Internet Conclusion
Alexa is really beneficial for the one who wants to own a smart house . As newer facilities and service are coming to us, Alexa is just one of the wonderful parts to be certain that you could avail of a good deal of centers via the world wide web. Thus, joining the internet with Alexa is your principal concern which lets you enjoy boundless amusement. Hopefully this blog has resolved your issue of how to connect Alexa to the internet.
Also See – How to Reset Alexa Devices in Simple Ways